Sunday 15 January 2012

Three days and one page later ...

It took me Friday and most of the weekend to get the next page done. In the end, it looks deceptively simple, probably because I hit so many dead ends on the way. Paraphrasing Thomas Edison, I now know of many ways not to print on tissue paper. In the end I figured it out and I've written it down so I can do it again, should I feel so inclined.

Another good outcome is that I mastered the art of creating photographic transfers using acrylic gel medium. It's not photo perfect, but it does make a great, largely transparent, image, and I've managed to reproduce a wedding photo for the next poem.

Wally's home some time tonight (1.30am, if past experience is anything to go by) and normal life will resume. I'm pleased with how the book is shaping up, if not with how long it's going to take. But this is my major project for this year. It's going to mean turning down some other opportunities and ignoring some of the other things I was trying to do last year. I've realised (and accepted) that I'm really bad at multi-tasking. If I have too much to do I get overwhelmed and don't do anything. So I'm dropping everything non-essential in favour of working on the books.

Easy to say when the year is in its infancy and hasn't really revved up yet.

No comments: