Monday 9 January 2012

Progress!

Even though I started work again today, I managed an hour on the collection. I added one poem to Book 1, and then spent ages trying to get just the right photo (without the flash distorting it) of the image I'm using for the "Family" section title page. I'm not confident with editing photos on the computer (beyond cropping and resizing), so I guess it's all part of the learning curve. By the time I get to Book 7 I'll be a whiz. I hope I can keep it up, I really do. I'm trying to make it fun, and not all learning curves, but I'm also experienced enough to know that art can be frustrating. I simply remind myself that any creative project looks like the remains of Scarlett's breakfast (ie after puking but before eating it again) in the middle of the creative process. Been there, done that, know I can get out of the dip.

Can't believe how much I've got done today overall. Only 6 more sleeps before Wally comes back from hunting, takes over the bed and requires feeding. I like days that aren't interrupted by meals.

No comments: