Wednesday 30 April 2008

Intercostal myalgia

That's what I've got. It means pain in the rib muscles, and it'll go away eventually. It's already not as bad as it's been for the last week, and I won't mention it again.

I had an interview on Radio New Zealand Concert last week. I thought I was going to be talking about the Poetry Society, but apparently I was interesting enough in my own right. I managed to read a couple of poems out all the same: Billy Collins' "Another Reason Why I Don't Keep a Gun in the House", and Jenny Bornholdt's "Make Sure". Two all-time favourites. I'm buying the CD from Replay Radio because my Dad forgot to listen, after I rang and told him when I'd be on, and because I forgot to tell anyone else about it!

I'm working my guts out here, with Wally away hunting. I started on stuff for our AGM today and realised I don't have the minutes of last year's on record, because of the Great Computer Crash of 07. Fortunately I'd put them on the Members' pages of the website. Goodness knows why I didn't print them out at the time and file the hard copy. Next job is to list all the emails from committee members authorising expenditure. That used to be in meeting minutes, but we don't have meetings any more, so I've got to collate all the emails instead.

I fed the quails (22 of them) late this morning, as I get up quite a lot later than Wally, who normally feeds them, and they were all waiting for me. I got mobbed as soon as I walked in the aviary. Cute.

So that's all for now. I can't see a blog detailing the minutiae of my daily work as particularly interesting so I'll come back when I've got something to say.

No comments: