Tuesday 29 April 2008

Good news

I went to my hospital appointment this morning. My test results weren't on file, proving (as if I needed it) that the situation hasn't improved since I left there 21 months ago. The examination was straightforward and found nothing, as I expected, and we (including husband and daughter number 1) were sent out to the waiting room with a cup of tea (!) while the reports were "frantically" being typed up. In the end, only the ultrasound report was forthcoming - the one I had concerns about. it was normal - woo hoo. I need to ring next week to find out the mammogram result, but since the ultrasound is a better test than the mammogram anyway, that's no big deal.

So I've been given the all-clear and discharged, the best result of all.

Now the husband has gone hunting, number 4 daughter is in Rome, the tenant has deposited a month's rent, and I'm on my own for a week so I can get down to some writing, if I can drag myself away from work. I'm seeing number 3 daughter tomorrow, as the buses are on strike and she needs a lift to the College of Education for a 10.30am class. I've emailed number 2 daughter, who left here last week after her three week stay, but I haven't heard back from her yet.

All is right with the world, and I've got the bed to myself! Tomorrow I'll see the doctor about the pain in my abdomen, which is still much the same - no better, no worse. I suspect it's a result of my sedentary lifestyle, actually.

No comments: