Monday 9 September 2013

August 22nd: So it's hot and humid in Ottawa. Met at the airport at 11.30pm by my girls in t-shirts, shorts and jandals, which is a LOT less than I was wearing. It rained today so not so bad for a while. Bought a mountain of groceries and then went to the local version of Savemart (thrift shop, for my international friends) and only bought 2 things, and I needed them, honestly. And since I just offloaded a year's supply of Marmite, scorched almonds, Whittakers chocolate, and mallowpuffs, plus a single loaf of Vogels, there's space in my return luggage. Post script: what I bought were a fancy jacket made of all different fabrics - my favourite style - and a ridiculously heavy (what was I thinking?) but really gorgeous raincoat that will keep out the worst Wellington can throw at me next winter. Bright yellow, with comfy royal blue fleecy lining.

No comments: